1. pace 2.pale 3.parttime 4.physical 5.passenger(s) 6.passion 7.peace 8.Personally 9. persuade 10. phenomenon 11．photography 12．pianist
1．painters 2．particularly 3．partly 4．personal;personalities 5．panicked;panic 6．participants;participate;participation 7．patient;
patience;patient;patiently 8．performed;performances 9．permits;
permission 10．peaceful ;peacefully
1．packing up 2．take pains 3．be particular about 4．passed away 5．paid off 6．picked up 7．take the place of 8．play a part in
1．v．挤满，塞满 2．v．坐下 3．v．放弃；卖掉 4．① n．通道，走廊 ②n．航程 5．vt.想象，设想 6．v．评价或判定好坏与重要性 7．adj.清楚的 8．vt.放置；安放
1．patted 2．paid 3．permitting 4．planned 5．picnicked
1．gone前加has 2．patient→patience 3．is→are 4．period→periods 5．pick前加should或pick→picked 6．第一个papers→paper
1．Our teachers encourage us to take part in social practices in our summer holidays, which they think can help us get fully developed.
2．Besides, our school set up a volleyball team and a basketball team. Both teams train for two hours a day and participate in competitions regularly.
3．As the saying goes, “Practice makes perfect”．Only in this way can we improve our spoken English.
4．A balanced diet and regular exercise can help us keep healthy both physically and mentally.
5．It is a pity that a lot of people haven’t been aware of the importance of saving water.
6．Our school photography club is going to hold an International High School Student Photography Show.
1.platform 2. pleasant 3. population
4.position 5. positive 6. postpone
7.potential 8. poured 9. poverty
10. praised 11. precious 12. preserved
1. pleasure 2. poisonous 3. politely 4. pollution 5. practical 6. politician; politics; political 7. possessed ; possession 8. possibility； possibly ; impossible 9. prediction ; unpredictable 10. prefers； preference 11. preparing ; preparations 12. power; powerful; powerless
1.point out 2. be popular with
3. beyond my power
4. put into practice
5. get well prepared for
6. be present at
3.vt.呈现 4. vt.催促，逼迫
1.plotting 2. preferred 3. possessing 4. was presented 5. preparing
5.have→has 6. 去掉第一个the
1.As the old saying goes, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
2.Knowing that you are interested in the Ancient Poetry Recitation Contest which was organized by our school, I am very pleased to tell you more details about it.
3.We should take immediate measures to protect the environment from being polluted.
4.English is my favourite subject and I’ve won several prizes in English contests.So I think that I’m qualified for the position.
5.Ever since then, I have found that smiling is the best way to avoid any possible conflicts in our daily life.
1.pressure 2. pretended 3. previous 4.price 5. principle 6. private 7.products 8.professor 9. profit 10.project 11. promised 12. promote 13.prove 14. pure 15.purpose
1.proud 2. professional 3. promotion 4. pronunciation 5. properly 6. protective; protect ; protection 7. produces; production; production 8. punishment; punished
1.in prison 2.made rapid progress in 3.proud of 4. in public 5. put up with 6.put up 7.put forward 8. on purpose
1.adv.相当 2. vt.加工
1.proved 2. proposed 3.published 4.pulled 5. put
1.primarily→ primary 2.probable→probably
3.去掉a 4.promote→promoted 5.for→with
1．In conclusion, get rid of your pressure and work hard, and you will achieve your goal.
2．In my opinion, you should apologize to your mother, as she has done nothing wrong to prevent you from Internet addiction.
3．I would like to invite you to join, since I know you have just won first prize in the Robotics Competition.
4．I sat at a table, explaining every step of the process while making tea.
5. Consequently, it is not difficult to draw the conclusion that people are more and more aware of the importance of protecting the environment.
6．The annual campus book fair aims to provide a platform where students can have a chance to exchange and make use of their books.
1．quality 2．quiet 3．raise 4．rapid
5．reacted 6．reading 7． reality
8．realize 9．receive 10．recycle
1．realize his dream
2．out of the question
3．raise money for
4．at a rate of
6．reach an agreement
7．ready to help others
8．break the record
1．quarrelled 2．quit/quitted 3．ranging 4．Read 5．rebuilt 6．referring
1．have→has 2．from后加a 3．去掉第二个of 4．real→really 5．rank→ranking
6．recent→recently 7．for→to 8．reflect→reflecting
1.With all these advantages, I hold the firm belief that I will be very qualified to be a volunteer for the fair.
2. Our class is planning to cycle the West Lake to watch the dragon boat race on May 30, when the Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated nationwide.
3. The reason why most people like traveling is that they can feel the beauty of the nature and breathe the fresh air at the same time.
4. Nowadays many children prefer to surf the Internet at home rather than take exercise outdoors.
5. Besides, with the stadium built, a wide range of sports activities can be carried out.
1．refused 2．regarded 3．regular
6．relatives 7．relevant 8．remarks
9．remote 10．repeat 11．replaced
3．relaxing ;relaxed ;relaxed
1．regardless of 2．related to
3．in relief 4．much to my regret
5．beyond repair 6．resigned from
7．as a result/In consequence
1．regretting 2．removed 3．repaid 4．retold 5．replied
1．regular→regularly 2．many→much 3．replying后加to
4．have 后加a 5．第二个the→a、 6．return→returning
1．In our life we may meet many failures. As long as we have tried our best, there is no need to feel regret for these failures.
2．I’d like to remind you that you should put on more clothes when getting up the following morning to protect yourself from cold.
3． I’m a student who will graduate from a high school. I’ve learnt English for 10 years and I can speak English fluently, but I wonder if there are any further requirements.
4．Underlining the mistakes in red ink is one of the ways that teachers usually use to remind students to pay attention to their work.
5．When the waste water from the factory is made clean and reused, a lot of money is saved.
1．review/revise 2. rewarded 2．risk 4．rubbish 5．rushed
6．salary 7．scheduled 8．scholarship
2．ruined ;ruins ;ruin
3．ruled ;rulers ; rules
4．sadness ;sadly 5．safe ;safety
6．salty ;salt 7．scientist ;scientific
1．rich in 2．get rid of
3．at the risk of
4．playing an important role in
5．run out of 6．in the long run
7．at the same time
8．on the scene
9．were satisfied with
10．scared to death
1．rewrote 2．rode 3．rung 4．Rose 5．robbed 6．rotted 7．run 8. saw
1．with→to 2．去掉第二个the 3．scheduling→scheduled
4．What 后加a 5．去掉第二个the
1．It goes without saying that the suggestion put forward at the meeting yesterday will be accepted.
2．The splendid scenery of sunset on the beach will definitely leave a deep impression on you.
3．Some of us think that Senior Three students should take exercise after school because they’re convinced that success depends on good health, while the others hold different views.
4．Firstly, we are going to play a 30 minutes’ video, which is about how to save water, paper, cans and electricity.
5．While travelling along the way, we can enjoy the beautiful scenery as well as the new looks of the villages and towns.
1.selected 2. sense 3. separated 4. Serve 5．severe 6．shabby 7．shade
8．sharing 9．signal 10. silly
1．shiny/shining 2．shocked 3．significance
4．sharpener ;sharpen ;sharpener;sharp
5．silent ;silently ;silence
1．sent for 2．make sense
2．a series of 4．set off
5．settled down 6．To my shame
7．side by side 8．caught sight of
9．sign up 10．is similar to
- sought 2．sold 3．sent 4．Set 5．sewed/sewn
6．shook 7．shaved m] 8. shot 9. shown 10．shut
1．with→to 2．serious→seriously 3．settling→settled
4．separating→ separated 5．去掉for
1.Not only have they improved their spoken English but they also enjoyed the process of the contest and a sense of achievement.
2. Nowadays, with the development of economy, many cities are faced with serious environmental problems, which does great harm to people’s health.
3. Above all, I promise I will try to serve our guests from all over the world with enthusiasm.Besides, I have a rich knowledge of Chinese history, so I can introduce our splendid culture to them.
4. While it can be difficult to team up with someone I dislike, I can always learn to put up with some of his shortcomings and try to discover his advantages.
5. To make your experience more meaningful, I’m going to show you around some places of interest nearby.
1．simple 2．situation 3．Society 4．sorrow 5．special 6．spirit
7.spreading 8. staff 9．Stage 10．standards
1.skilful 2. slavery ;slaves
3. sleep ;sleepy ;asleep ;sleeping
4. smokers ;smoking ;smoking
5. solve ;solution.(solve)
6. speaker ;spoken ;speaking
1.slow down 2. sooner or later
2.all sorts of 4. sounds like
5．spoke highly of 6．in spite of
7. stand for 8. keep slim
1.sang 2. sank 3. sitting ;sat 4. slid
5.smelt/smelled 6. speeded/sped
7. spoken 8. spent 9. spat/spit 10. stood
1.simple→simply 2. heard前加 have
3. skill→skills 4. slight→slightly
5. smooth→smoothly 6. other →others 7. buy→buying 8. such→so
1.To begin with, according to our tradition, you are supposed to arrive early, so that you can help the family prepare the dinner, which is meaningful and interesting.
2. We sincerely hope that all students will provide original artworks to celebrate the 60th anniversary of our school.
3. I’m very sorry to hear that a conflict occurred between you and your mother because of your Internet addiction.
4. There are several tips on how to learn English well.Firstly, you should spare no effort to read interesting English news, which can help you increase your interest in English.
5. It was your help and kindness that made my study and life in the UK special and enjoyable.
1.stay 2. still ;3. struggling 4. stubborn 5. straight 6. supply 7. support
8. surprise 9. surveys 10. sympathy
3.strange ;stranger ;strangely
4. succeeded ;successful ;success
5. sufferings ;suffered
6. stressed ;stressful ;stress
7. suggested ;suggestion
8. surrounding ;surroundings
9. survived ;survivor
10. tasty ;taste ;tastes ;tasteless
1. give you a new start 2. staying up 3. stick to (坚持) it. 4. was strict with
5. all of a sudden 6. To sum up 7. is supposed to 8. switch off
1. stolen 2. stuck 3. struck
4. struggling 5. swore 6. swept
7. swam 8. taken 9. taught 10. tore
1. strong→stronger 2. style→styles 3. so→such 4. surprising→surprisingly
1. I’m Tom, a British exchange student at Yucai High School.I am planning to take a sixday tour of Dali and Lijiang, Yunnan Province, starting from February 21.
2. I strongly hold the view that measures should be taken to stop tourists (from) behaving badly in public places.
3. I join the basketball team, where I not only learn the importance of teamwork, but also strengthen my body, which is of great benefit to my mental as well as physical health.
4. Your attitude towards your grades has a great effect on your study, and confidence is the key to success.
5. As a young student, I suggest that the teacher choose some more films that appeal to us teenagers, thus making the course more interesting.
1. tolerate 2. tradition 3. trend 4. typical 5. urge 6. view
7. virtue 8. wealthy 9. worth 10．witness
1. totally 2. treatment 3. variety 4. useless
5. warmth 6. Thankfully ;thanks
7. tired ;tiring ;tiredness
8. translator ;has translated ;translation
10. violence;violence ;violently
11. volunteers ;volunteer ;voluntary
12. weaknesses ;weak
1.In terms of 2. Thanks to
3. Keeping in touch with
4. have a better understanding of
5. With the help of 6. turned down
7. make use of 8. a waste of
5.① n. 行业；地位；阶层
② vt. 牵着(动物)走；遛
6. v. 走神，神志恍惚，(思想)开小差
7. v. 权衡，斟酌
8.① n.意志力，意愿 ② n.遗嘱
1.thrown 2. understood 3. undertaken
4. upset 5. woke 6. won
- he→a 2. wait→waiting 3. wide→widely
4. Watch→Watching 5. an→a
1. Finally, I sincerely invite you to visit our school and join in the sports we both like.
2. Many students may think that they can just use a computer, so there is no need to waste time improving handwriting.
3. She is warm-hearted, so it is no wonder that she always helps those who are in trouble.
4. Now that you are interested in traditional Chinese culture, I thought this festival would be a worthwhile experience for you.
5. In my opinion, it is important that we (should) value our friends instead of phones in our real life.